Here are some tips to help prepare you for your appointment!
- We recommend that you show up 15 minutes before your appointment.
- No hair coloring or self-tanner in the last 72 hours. This will contaminate the water and result in Float OKC performing a water change at your expense. Also, we ask that you wait until a month after getting a tattoo to schedule a float.
- Feel free to bring personal care items (Lotions, shampoo, makeup, etc.) to use after your float. To protect our filters these can only be used AFTER your float.
- Wear comfortable clothes to your appointment, however we recommend you float in the tank nude. Clothing can become a distraction during your relaxing experience
- Feel free to bring flip flops for the shower
- If you have long hair we recommend that you leave your hair down while you float. The tension in your hair may distract you.
- Avoid shaving 12 hours before your float. The Epsom salt can irritate the recently shaved area.
- Eat a small meal an hour or two before your float. This will ensure that hunger or an overly full tummy does not distract you during your float.
- Make sure you are properly hydrated before your float and drink plenty of water after.
- Caffeine and nicotine can stimulate your brain so try to avoid these before you float.
- The most important thing to remember is not to try too hard to relax. Be mindful of your breathing and have an open mind!
- Slowly sit down in the water and gently lay back. This will ensure the water does not get too choppy and cause you to bump around in the tank
- The most popular positions are with your arms out to your side and with your arms above your head.
- Try to clear your mind by focusing on your breathing. Take deep breaths through your nose while counting to four while inhaling and exhaling.
- A short pool noodle will be supplied to help with you relax your neck if you find it tensing up.
*Remember that your float session is fully customizable. You can have a full sensory deprived session with no light and no sound or you can leave the pod door up, light on, and play music! Remember to just relax, have an open mind, and enjoy your experience!