Here are some tips to help prepare you for your appointment!
- We suggest you submit your waiver before your appointment. The link for the waiver is provided in your confirmation email. This will save time and stress the day of your first float session.
- No hair coloring or self-tanner in the last 72 hours. If you have died your hair red, we may ask that you test the color-fastness of your hair before you are allowed to float to ensure that the color will not leach out into the water. Contamination of the water causes us to be unable to offer this amazing service to the clients booked after you. It may also result in Float OKC performing a water change at your expense (approximately $750). Also, we ask that you wait until a month after getting a tattoo to schedule a float.
- Feel free to bring personal care items (Lotions, shampoo, makeup, etc.) to use after your float. To protect our filters these can only be used AFTER your float.
- Wear comfortable clothes to your appointment, however we recommend you float in the tank nude. Clothing can become a distraction during your relaxing experience
- Feel free to bring flip flops for the shower
- If you have long hair we recommend that you leave your hair down while you float. The tension in your hair may distract you.
- Avoid shaving 12 hours before your float. The Epsom salt can irritate the recently shaved area.
- Eat a small meal an hour or two before your float. This will ensure that hunger or an overly full tummy does not distract you during your float.
- Make sure you are properly hydrated before your float and drink plenty of water after.
- Caffeine and nicotine can stimulate your brain so try to avoid these before you float.
- The most important thing to remember is not to try too hard to relax. Be mindful of your breathing and have an open mind!
- Slowly sit down in the water and gently lay back. This will ensure the water does not get too choppy and cause you to bump around in the tank
- The most popular positions are with your arms out to your side and with your arms above your head.
- Try to clear your mind by focusing on your breathing. Take deep breaths through your nose while counting to four while inhaling and exhaling.
- Some people find it difficult to fully relax their neck during the first few floats. A floatation "halo" is provided to help with you relax your neck if you find it tensing up.
*Remember that your float session is fully customizable. You can have a full sensory deprived session with no light and no sound; or you can leave the pod door up, light on, and play music! Remember to just relax, have an open mind, and enjoy your experience!
The Fine Print
Cancellation Policy: We understand that life happens, and occasionally you will need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. We do have a 24-hour cancellation policy, so we ask that you let us know, as soon as you can, if you will be unable to keep your appointment. If you fail to adhere to the 24-hour cancellation policy, please note that we will charge your method of payment on file (either credit card or gift card) for 1/2 the amount of your scheduled services. We hope that you will understand this policy is simply to ensure our survival, and is in no way intended to punish or harm our valued clients.
Gift Cards, Memberships, Packages, and Service Credits: All service credits (whether individual or as part of a package), Gift Cards, and membership credits purchased have no cash value. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive services at Float OKC or our sister store in Norman, Drift Therapeutic Spa, you may transfer your credits to another guest, but no cash value will be assigned to the purchases. No refunds will be given.
Promotions and Discounts: We are able to honor only one promotion or discount per transaction. Our discounted packages, memberships, or promotions cannot be combined in any way. Thank you for respecting this policy.